Saturday 26 December 2015

One of Those Days

It's an ill wind ..... the family had originally planned to leave today but for the last couple of days, poor old Guillaume has been suffering from really bad back pain so, they decided to stay an extra day to give him chance to rest up. So, one more day of company and the pleasure of being with the family.
Rather than wait for everyone to get organised to go to the market, I decided to take the bus but what do you know ... the damn thing came at least 8 minutes early according to François who'd also hoped to get it. We both waited hoping that something might come along but it was a forlorn hope. So the tenor of the day was set.
On my way home, I met Geneviève who was heading off  to the market so all was not lost as she gave me a lift in thus, saving me a euro.
 Some of the other things that went wrong:
  • Lost my (empty) shopping bag
  • Didn't have enough money in my purse to pay for the wine I'd bought
  • Couldn't find my telephone even though I heard it ringing!
  • Lost my front door key
  • No space at our usual café for a drink so we ended up at the patisserie for hot chocolate
  • Valérie went to the garage to find that her tyre was almost flat
It wasn't all negative though:
  • Valérie found someone in the village to repair the tyre
  • My new reading specs were ready and my insurance is coughing up for them. There's a second pair to come for 1€, something that the guy would have "forgotten" if I'd not reminded him.
  • Found my telephone in the depths of my bag
  • We had a good lunch at the bar in the village which Valérie and Guillaume treated me to. While the family went out later in the afternoon I started to catch up with "Downton". Happy endings all round.
Dinner was left overs  and in need of some escapism, I spent far too long watching tv instead of getting some even more needed rest and recuperation.
Weather:
13°, sunshine, cloud later

No comments:

Post a Comment