Saturday 24 June 2017

Disappointing Food

Made my Saturday morning trip to the market as usual with Michel as my chauffeur. Anne and I joined Michel and Anne-Marie who were well installed over a coffee and then Yasmin appeared. She and I stayed on for lunch at a near by café. Sadly, it left a lot to be desired. The omelette was like rubber and once we'd finished eating, having refused a dessert and coffee, we were asked, in the nicest possible way, to vacate the table. The day was saved with a trip to the loo which had Indian music playing and was decorated with garish pictures of various gods. Incongruous, is the only way to describe it. I won't be hurrying back there any time soon.The afternoon was too hot to do anything energetic so I frittered away the afternoon until it was time to go over to Christian's room for a vernissage.
Henri's cousin, Any was showing her paintings; primarily flowers with a sprinkling of landscapes. There was a better attendance than of late, mostly as I'd chivvied up members of the association to put in an appearance. After the aperitif, it was only logical that we (Any, Jean-Pierre, Henri, Michèle and I) should eat at the bar next door. This meal wasn't much better. The steak wasn't cooked enough for my liking and was tough.  
Finished the evening more jovially with Anne, Terry and their friend Carol from UK.
Weather:
34°, sun

No comments:

Post a Comment